The CRuni-NG is a programmable high stability synthesizer unit, based on a Si5351 CMOS synthesizer with a high stability TCXO as reference clock.
It's designed as a replacement for many ICOM's OCXO crystal units, like the ICOM CR338, CR282 and CR293 OCXO crystal units.
This board can be used in many ICOM transceivers, but as a programmable unit it's virtually compatible with many other radios.
For more technical detail see: CRuni-NG Project webpage
The CRuni-NG has the same dimension, pin assignment and location as the CR338 and CR282, so it's mechanically and electrically 100% compatible with both units. The compatibility with the CR293 are given through an adapter board (see options below):
Even the fine frequency calibration by the transceiver is still possible with the CRuni-NG, except on models IC761 and IC765. Another important feature of the CRuni-NG is the high quality multiturn trimmer, which permit a fine frequency alignment from the top without removing the unit from the transceiver.
The high quality TCXO from Murata used on this module providing a high degree of frequency stability over a wide temperature range and very low spure levels. Furthermore there are no warm-up delays like with the orginal OCXO units, because no heater are necessary for a TCXO (Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator)
The board is delivered as full assembled and tested, so is it quite easy for most people with soldering skills to install and/or replace the original CRxxx unit in the transceiver.
- Output frequency: 30MHz, 30.2MHz or 32MHz (programmable for any value from 8kHz up to 160 MHz)
- Output level: LVCMOS, AC-coupled
- Output Frequency stability: ±0,42ppm@30MHz (or ±0,15ppm@30MHz with extra high stability option: ±0,1ppm)
- Reference TCXO Frequency stability: ±0,28ppm@20MHz (or with extra high stability option: ±0,1ppm)
- Operating Temperature Range: -20 to 70°C
- Frequency fine adjustment range: 90Hz (±5ppm) (or with extra high stability option: 100Hz)
- Power supply requirements: 4,5 to 28 VDC, max. 60mA (or with extra high stability option: 4,5 to 12 VDC, max. 89mA)
- Module size (LxWxH): 25x15x13mm
Each CRuni-NG is shipped as tested in our lab with a Rubidium frequency standard.
We provide the CRuni-NG with some different frequencies and/or adapter module options, so choose please your right option here below: